Karen F. Cooper, ACC
As a Leadership and Life Coach, I lead by creating rapport, which I define as an air of affability, trust, and respect. Listening becomes critical, intuition is applied, judgment is suspended, perspective kicks in, and awareness deepens.
How this works…
In The Coaching Habit, Michael Bungay Stanier discusses the neuroscience of engagement. “Five times a second, your brain is scanning the environment and asking itself: Is it safe here? Or is it dangerous? Our brains like safe. When your brain feels safe, it can operate at its most sophisticated level.”
The environment that you and I create is safe. It is essential that you explore and experience your thoughts where you find comfort, safety, and feel heard. Awareness is shared. Aspirations are realized.
I believe that we are all leaders in our own lives.
So, I ask you, who is your thought partner now? With whom can you think out loud? With whom do you feel safe expressing yourself and sharing your deepest feelings? After you name those great big feelings, what do you do with them?
“The secret of CHANGE is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
The Inside Track:
- As your thought partner, I will answer your call for support.
- You will receive direct honesty.
- You will separate the reeds of ambiguity to clear your path to clarity.
- You will experience a knowing, “I get you”.
- I will bring to our work my success as a leader, connector, producer, visionary, consultant, team leader, advocate, and peacemaker.